PHM-Exch> Rép. : Donors urged to tackle leading killer of under-fives (2)

Jeyapaul jpaul at budsofchrist.org
Mon May 18 20:34:19 PDT 2009

Its very true as WHO analysis that the funding for AIDS have considerably
increased; but the reality at the grass root level is that only pea-nuts are
reaching the ground. In India for instance, we have seen private
international agencies' presence like never before for any other diseases.
My observation is that, the funding are predominantly sucked by the top
positions with US based compensation in AIDS sector and when it comes to
community work, people living with HIV AIDS benefit amount is calculated at
US$10-15 per year.

Though there may be overall discussions to increase funding for all
diseases, program implementation for every disease should also look
sincerely at operating at minimal resources.

Jeyapaul MS(NGO) Management
Director, Buds of Christ India

--
-- Leave the past behind and step forward in VICTORY --

Buds of CHRIST | # 305, M.I.G 6th Cross St., Mugapair, Chennai 600 037.
TN - India -------LOVE-LISTEN-LEAD empowering kids
fighting HIV and AIDS