PHA-Exch> Course: Right to Health

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Sat Mar 7 18:16:04 PST 2009

From: Nicholas Lusiani nlusiani at escr-net.org
crossposted from: "ESCR-Right-to-Health at yahoogroups.com"
ESCR-Right-to-Health at yahoogroups.com

>From 6 to17 July there's an opportunity to follow a school programme on
Health law, providing health professionals and practitioners, including
intensive training in various aspects of health law and ethics over a
two-week period, while absorbing the sights, sounds and culture unique to
Rotterdam and
The Netherlands. The Summer School offers a custom-developed course taught
by leading academics in their field.

The courses are designed to enhance the preparation of health professionals
confronted with legal and ethical issues. The course focuses on both
theoretical and practical aspects of health law and ethics.

The following courses are given:

* Human Rights and Health
* Sexual and Reproductive Health
* Public Health
* Bioethics and the Law
* Health Economics

We have already confirmed 4 speakers for our program:

* Anand Grover
United Nations special rapporteur on Health
Office of the High Commisioner for Human Rights
* Eszter Kismodi
Human Rights Adviser
Gender, Reproductive Rights, Sexual Health and Adolescence
Department of Reproductive Health and Research
World Health Organization
* Henk ten Have
Director
Division of Ethics of Science and Technology
UNESCO
* Werner Brouwer
Health Economics
Institute of Health Policy and Management
Erasmus MC/Erasmus University Rotterdam

For more information or registration please see our website
www.erasmusobservatoryonhealthlaw.nl<
http://www.erasmusobservatoryonhealthlaw.nl/>

.