PHA-Exch> New Issue of Social Medicine Published:

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Wed Mar 4 03:50:21 PST 2009

From: Matthew Anderson bronxdoc at gmail.com

Social Medicine has just published its latest issue at
www.socialmedicine.info. We invite you to review the Table of Contents here
and then visit our web site to review articles and items of interest.

Thanks for the continuing interest in our work,
Matthew Anderson
Department of Family and Social Medicine, MMC/AECOM, Bronx New York, USA
Phone 718 933-2400
bronxdoc at gmail.com

Social Medicine
Vol 4, No 1 (2009)
Table of Contents
http://journals.sfu.ca/socialmedicine/index.php/socialmedicine/issue/view/31

Editorials
--------
Time to get beyond the sex act: Reflections on three decades of AIDS
reductionism (1-7)
       Alison Rosamund Katz

Original Research
--------
Psycho-social and Economic Evaluation of Onchocerciasis: A Literature
Review (8-31)
       Laura Moya Alonso

A Socio-Cultural Diagnosis of Adolescent  Diets in Comitán, Chiapas
(32-47)
       Guadalupe del Carmen Alvarez Gordillo,  José Enrique Eroza Solana,
   Claudia
Elizabeth Ramírez Domínguez

Themes and Debates
--------
The Social Determinants of Organ Trafficking: A Reflection of Social
Inequity (48-51)
       Debra A. Budiani,       Kabir Karim

Should India Use Commercially Produced Ready To Use Therapeutic Foods
(RUTF) For Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM) ? (52-55)
       vandana prasad, radha holla,    arun gupta

Case Studies in Health Activism
--------
Caring for Active Duty Military Personnel in the Civilian Sector (56-69)
       Howard Waitzkin,        Marylou Noble

An Interview with Dr. Walter Lear (70-79)
       The Editors

Seize the Hospital to Serve the People: A video interview with activist
Cleo Silvers (80)
       Carolyn Chu

The Editors' Corner
--------
Call For Papers:  War and Social Medicine (81)
       The Editors

Archives
--------
Your Health Care in Crisis: A HEALTH/PAC Special Report [1972]
       Robb Burlage

Autopsy on the AMA: An Analysis of Healthcare Delivery Systems in America
[1970]
       Joe Woodard
www.socialmedicine.info