PHA-Exch> Is Private Health Care the Answer to the Health Problemsof the World's Poor? (6)

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Thu Dec 18 10:13:14 PST 2008

From: Molly Tumusiime mtususiime at ug.earo.crs.org

 The postings so far have opened my sores which I had sealed with pretence
as Iam working for an international organization that covers me, including
my family,  with health insurance. I have been reminded that when I leave
this job I will go back to a life of vulnerability as my colleague has
observed .I have suffered all the evils of poor pay as a public servant in
the name of a nurse. Poor pay drove me out to  put my nursing skills on the
shelf for a planning job yet I know deeply how much the poor public still
needs my services. Governments need to come up with a motivating pay to
retain health workers in public hospitals to offer the most needed services
for the most needy public in Africa especially .This is where all the health
indicators are poorly met.