PHA-Exch> Social Medicine New Issue Published

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Wed Dec 10 01:01:54 PST 2008

From: Matthew Anderson bronxdoc at gmail.com

Social Medicine has just published its latest issue which is available at
www.socialmedicine.info. We invite you to review the Table of Contents
below and then visit our web site to review articles and items of interest.

Our journal this month has a special focus on the current health reforms in
Venezuela.  Entitled "Health for All: Alma Ata is Alive and Well in
Venezuela" it has been produced by guest editors: Joan E. Paluzzi &
Fernando Arribas García

The articles on the Barrio Adentro program provide a rare, detailed look at
this unique experiment in creating Health for All.

Thanks for the continuing interest in our work,
Matthew Anderson
Department of Family and Social Medicine, MMC/AECOM, Bronx New York, USA
Phone 718 933-2400
bronxdoc at gmail.com

Social Medicine
Vol 3, No 4 (2008)
Table of Contents
http://journals.sfu.ca/socialmedicine/index.php/socialmedicine/issue/view/30

Editorials
--------
Health for All: Alma Ata is Alive and Well in Venezuela (217-220)
       Joan Elizabeth Paluzzi, Fernando Arribas García,

Venezuelan Health Reforms
--------
National Training Program for Comprehensive Community Physicians, Venezuela
(221-222)
       Eugenio Radamés Borroto Cruz,   Ramón Syr Salas Perea

Neoliberal Policies and their Impact on Public Health Education:
Observations on the Venezuelan Experience (223-231)
       Oscar Feo

Venezuela's Barrio Adentro: participatory democracy, south-south
cooperation and health care for all (232-246)
       Carles Muntaner,        Francisco Armada,       Haejoo Chung,   Mata
Rosicar,   Leslie
Williams-Brennan,       Joan Benach

Venezuela's Misión Barrio Adentro "Inside the Neighborhood" (247)
       Joan Elizabeth Paluzzi

Adentro Barrio Adentro: An American Medical Student in Venezuela (248-252)
       Rebecca Trotzky Sirr

Themes and Debates
--------
Social Determinants of Health:  Perspective of the ALAMES Social
Determinants Working Group (253-264)
       Oliva López Arellano,   José Carlos Escudero,   Luz Dary Camona

News & Events
--------
Global Health Watch 2 (265-271)
       The Global Health Watch