PHA-Exch> Critical Opportunity for Global Economic Reform!

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Mon Nov 3 12:56:44 PST 2008

   From:    david.woodward at neweconomics.org

As you may know, there is much discussion about a new "Bretton Woods"
process to reform the global economic system. This is a once-in-a-lifetime
opportunity to get real changes - but only if we can ensure that the
interests of the world population as a whole are fully represented and
reflected in the process itself.

If they can get away with it, the developed country governments will make
sure that they run the process, so that it will deal with their problems
without threatening their interests (including their dominance of global
governance). It is imperative that we do everything we can to stop them
doing this, and ensure an inclusive process with a broad agenda, to allow
developing countries to address their concerns.

I can send you a civil society statement calling for such a process - signed
by 600+ organisations so far. (For the latest list, see www.choike.org/bw2 <
http://www.choike.org/bw2> .) It has already been sent to the G20 leaders,
but is still open for signatories, and will be presented again ahead of the
Washington summit on 15 November. Please do sign up, and forward to anyone
and everyone who might!