PHA-Exch> Fwd: Good news: Kitwe Mulunda Guy free and alive

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Mon Jul 7 17:09:26 PDT 2008

From: Terhorst, Roos R.Terhorst at law.uu.nl

I am very happy to inform you that we have found Dr. Kitwe Mulunda Guy on
Friday 4th July 2008 about 17:00 thanks to lawyers from the Congolese civil
society. Kitwe was detained in a military prison at 30 Km from the city of
Lubumbashi in the absence of valid charges. *Kitwe is free and alive.  *He
told us he has been beaten to death by soldiers the first day of his arrest
and he bleeded. He is headache and physically weak. At the moment Kitwe is
at the clinic centre in Lubumbashi for physical examination and treatment.

On behalf of the SAVE CONGO and Kitwe's family, I thank you so much for your
collaboration and support. Also, thanks a lot for your prayers.

Kind regards,

Irène Mikombe                        Raphael Mafinge
Secretary General                   Lawyer

SAVE CONGO
Lubumbashi, Katanga
DR CONGO