PHA-Exch> Alma Ata and PHC in 2008 (3)

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Wed Apr 2 05:09:11 PDT 2008

   From:    kulzhanov at ksph.kz

 The fact is to be regretted.  I hope the Kazakhstan delegation in WHA will
raise this question at WHA.
By the way, Kazakhstan government and MoH has a plan to organize in 15-16
october 2008 conference 30th anniversary of Alma-Ata declaration.
Maksut Kulzhanov
Rector of Kazakhstan School of Public Health
Alma-Ata

From: Sunil Deepak sunil.deepak at aifo.it
 Next month, from 19 to 25 May 2008 there will be the annual World Health
Assembly in Geneva. The draft programme of the Assembly does not mention
30th anniversary of Alma Ata or PHC.

CLARIFICATION: I CHECKED WITH WHO AND PHC HAS BEEN GIVEN A LUNCH-TIME
TECHNICAL SESSION IN THE PROGRAM. MANY OF THE MINISTERS ATTEND THESE
TECHNICAL MEETINGS.
Claudio