PHA-Exch> Medical and Health Personnel Week, 2nd-8th April

jerome teelucksingh j_teelucksingh at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 18:13:42 PDT 2008

Dear friend,

I would like to invite you and your organization to
observe Medical and Health Personnel Week during
2nd-8th April. This is an annual event in which
individuals and organizations are encouraged to hold
their independent observances.

The manner of observing this annual Week is optional
and various methods have been used. These included
public seminars, classroom activities at schools,
radio and television programs, peaceful marches and
art displays. By informing your group, organization,
government, friends, public institutions and
neighbourhood, the message can reach a wider audience.

Feel free to use this  information in any brochures,
newspapers, e-mails or newsletters.

Feel  free  to contact  me  for  further  information
and good luck in your activities
Thanks

Jerome Teelucksingh.

        MEDICAL  AND  HEALTH  PERSONNEL  WEEK

	         April 2nd to 8th

There is a need to acknowledge the work of health
professionals and personnel who dedicate their lives
in assisting and improving the health care system and
enriching human lives. Too often we tend to either
overlook or seem ungrateful of the work and service
rendered by health and medical persons.

What is the purpose of having a Medical and Health
Personnel Week? We have observed special days in the
quest for cures and for the eradication of
life-threatening epidemics, diseases and ailments, but
we need to recognize and display gratitude for the
persons involved in seeking cures and alleviating
suffering.

In the health care system, countless men and women
sacrifice valuable and quality time to alleviate
suffering, heal the sick and comfort the dying. Many
health professionals are unrewarded for long years of
dedicated and unselfish service to a profession that
is constantly pressured to find cures and/or eradicate
infectious, sexually transmitted and genetic diseases.

These brave men and women can be found in
laboratories, hospitals, clinics, villages and cities.
They often work with limited resources in unsafe and
war-torn environments. Many volunteers in the medical
field gladly share their knowledge and expertise with
the less fortunate.

The world needs to remember and better reward the
pioneers and the unsung heroes for their tireless
efforts. Indeed, they have pledged, often at the risk
of their own, to improve our lives and future
generations. Let us join hospitals, institutions and
private health care organizations throughout the world
in celebrating Medical and Health Personnel Week
during  2nd to 8th April.

For more information e-mail:
thirdworldunited at yahoo.com