PHA-Exch> World Health Day 2008: Forum Against Environmental Destruction!

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Sat Mar 22 14:32:56 PDT 2008

From: Maija Kagis <maija.kagis at sympatico.ca>

*From:* Alliance for People's Health [mailto:
allianceforpeopleshealth at gmail.com]

*World Health Day 2008: Communities Uniting Against Environmental
Destruction*

*A Community Forum*

*Wednesday April 2nd*

*7:00 - 9:00 PM*

*SFU Harbour Centre Room 1425*

*515 West Hastings Street*

How do we achieve health for all when communities are faced with widening
social and economic injustice, declining air quality, the destruction of
natural environments through resource extraction and urban expansion, and
intensifying wars of aggression? How are communities impacted by a mounting
environmental crisis?

Join the Alliance for People's Health to mark *World Health Day* and learn
how poor and marginalized communities around the world are fighting from the
front-lines against the neoliberal policies at the root of environmental
injustice. Find out how to get involved through community action for social
and environmental change.

*United we can build a healthy world for all!*

 Forum organized by the *Alliance for People's Health* & sponsored by
the *Simon
Fraser University Faculty of Health Sciences*

allianceforpeopleshealth at gmail.com

www.vcn.bc.ca/~aph