PHA-Exch> Solidarity with Italian protesters

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Wed Feb 20 18:26:12 PST 2008

 From: PHM Global Secretariat <secretariat at phmovement.org>

WE NEED YOUR SIGNATURE:

13 ITALIAN ACTIVISTS

RISK TO GO TO JAIL FOR YEARS

ONLY BECAUSE THEY ORGANIZED THE 2001 GENOA ANTI G8 DEMOSTRATIONS

Dear comrades and friends, please sign the following call.

13 of us are risking to go to jail for years. They are charged only of their
social and political work.

The court will decide in the next week.

 WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT! SEND ME BACK THE SIGNATURE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

CONTACT: raffaella bolini: bolini at arci.it

SOLIDARITY CALL WITH THE ITALIAN MOVEMENTS

We are activists of social movements and democratic civil society all over
the world.

In the last days, all together we attended the 2008 World Social Forum,
organizing the Global Day of Action with more than one thousand events and
mobilization in eighty countries of all the five continents.

We express all our solidarity to the 13 Italian activists under trial in
Cosenza, which are risking fifty years in jail only because they took part
in organizing of the anti G8 demonstrations in Genoa 2001.

Their freedom is at risk only because of their peaceful, democratic and
transparent commitment for a different world.

Many of us were in Genova in 2001, and all of us know what happened there:
"the worst violation of human rights in Western Europe after the Second
World War" as Amnesty International stated.

We are close to them, we supported the national demonstration on February 2
nd in Cosenza, and we still call the Italian institutions for truth and
justice concerning the 2001 Genoa events.