PHA-Exch> country reports - UNGASS on HIV Declaration of Commitment

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Tue Jan 29 02:27:57 PST 2008

From: Mary Ann Torres maryannt at icaso.org

As you know, the deadline to submit country progress reports on the
implementation of the UNGASS on HIV Declaration of Commitment is January 31,
2008 (this deadline also applies to shadow/parallel reports prepared by
civil society).

We were informed that UNAIDS has received 19 country progress reports
already:  New Zealand, Azerbaijan, Greece, Gabon, Australia, Eritrea,
Seychelles, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Tunisia, Barbados, Togo, Brazil, Chad,
Marshall Islands, Uganda, Burkina Faso, Guinea and Niger.

We were also informed that there have been some technical delays on posting
these on the web, but as soon as they are up, we will get a link and I will
send it to all of you.

If you are from any of the countries listed above, contact your country's
AIDS National Program (amd/or the UNAIDS UCC) and request a copy of the
report. If you are from any other country not listed above, you may still
have time to influence your country report. Contact immediately the National
AIDS Program and request information about the review and reporting process.

Any information that you get, you can post in the different list
serves/mailing list or you can send to universalaccess2010 at icaso.org. We are
collecting country reports (official and shadow) as well as information
about the different process.

Mary Ann Torres International Council of AIDS Service Organizations (ICASO) 65
Wellesley St. E., Suite 403 Toronto, ON Canada M4Y 1G7 Tel: +1 416 921 0018
ext. x 16 Fax: +1 416 921 9979 Work cell: +1 416 419 6338 Email:
maryannt at icaso.org

**

[image: Yahoo! Groups]<http://groups.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTJkcnZtcnNzBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdycElkAzM3NjM4MjcEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDY0MzA5BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxMjAxNTU4ODQw>

.