PHA-Exch> Kenyan Crisis a threat to PHM's goals

skabue skabue at edan.or.ke
Thu Jan 24 02:41:20 PST 2008

We all in Kenya who care about the health and well being of our people are concerned about the killings and destruction of property taking place in Kenya irrespective of who is responsible. Health facilities are affected an in other cases people seeking health services cannot get to where these services are because of insecurity. We would like a speedy solution to the problems in which we all are but this will not come with such partysan approach as reflected in  the call by our PHM colleague Eric Otieno in Kenya who calls upon PHM to "Help put pressure for re-election under independant electoral commission not appointed by Mr Kibaki".What we need today is peace that can enable everyone to go about their business and this is what PHM should be called upon to impress on our leaders and not to put pressure for new elections. Let the politicians deal with that.

Sam Kabue.