PHA-Exch> New Health and Empowerment Books from Hesperian

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Fri Jan 18 15:21:41 PST 2008

From: Kwesi Wilson Kwesi at hesperian.org

*Hesperian <http://www.hesperian.org/>* is thrilled to announce the arrival
of two new titles to our *Health and Empowerment (H & E)
Bookshelf*<http://hesperian.org/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=HB&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=HEB>.
Our H & E Bookshelf contains books from like-minded publishers, on the
politics of health, low-tech and sustainable development, and other
essential topics. If you like Hesperian's books, we think you'll like these
too.

Now in stock:
*From Outrage to
Courage<http://www.hesperian.org/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HB&Product_Code=B807&Category_Code=HEB>
*: Women Taking Action for Health and Justice (by Hesperian board member
Anne Firth Murray). This inspiring, practical and visionary book addresses
women's health from sex-selection before birth through endless cooking,
cleaning, caregiving and the denial of human rights to women. Most
importantly it also tells the stories of grassroots women worldwide
struggling for change. (English) 312 pages, $25

*Building Without
Borders<http://www.hesperian.org/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HB&Product_Code=B808&Category_Code=HEB>
* (edited by Joseph F. Kennedy) describes the pioneering efforts of those
who have taken up the challenge of trying to solve the global housing
crisis. It examines projects in India, Latin America, China, Poland, Africa,
and the US that are housing refugees and the homeless by drawing on local
traditions, and using natural building materials such as bamboo, straw
bales, and earthern construction. (English, with dozens of photographs) 252
pages, $26

*Click here to Order or See Other Books on our Health & Empowerment
Bookshelf<http://hesperian.org/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=HB&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=HEB>
*

*Read what people are saying about our materials:
*http://hesperian.org/publications_feedback_stories.php