PHA-Exch> 7th Anniversary of the PHA

Molly Tumusiime mtumusiime at crsuganda.or.ug
Tue Dec 4 22:32:38 PST 2007

Dear All,

The Assembly has been one of the those movements ,if not alone, that has a
grasp of what peoples' health is about .It has held a mantle to dig out
impediments to actual health issues that do not only involve a mere absence
of disease but a holistic approach to health. Human rights and other key
players in poor health are addressed squarely and hope the world will rise
to the peoples' voices  and accord the  health promoting ingredients ,that
to me, include fair distribution of resources, unfair trade relations, poor
governance, massive corruption to mention but a few.

Identifying with People's Health Assembly has been a catalyst for me to
dialogue with planners to minimize inequalities between the vulnerable and
the less vulnerable as far attainment of health is concerned. At the moment
am on a crusade of ensuring that the hard to reach poor in Uganda can access
what is now a basic care package for people having AIDS.

Memories of Quenca are still fresh in my mind where I had never seen a world
in solidarity for a common commodity-HEALTH FOR ALL. This experience left me
a different person as far as advocacy and promotion of best practices in
health attainment are concerned. It also expanded my networking efforts.

Long live "people's Health Assembly"

Molly Tumusiime

Uganda

  _____