PHA-Exch> 7th Anniversary of the PHA

mohammad ali barzgar m_barzgar at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 3 23:36:30 PST 2007

Fýrst of all I should congratulate the 7th Annýversary of the PHA to PHM
Global Coordýnators,PHM Steerýng group Council,Global Secretarýate ,all
PHM,s frýends all over the world and the people of the world especýally the
poorest of the poor.

The day ýs a great Day for me.I was attended in a Poverty allevýatýon
conference ýn Bangalore Indýa where Ý have met quýte good number of frýends
who were ýnvolved in prepratýon of PHA and at the end of the Bangalore
meetýng about 48 partýcýpants of the meetýng ýncludýng myself sýgned a
letter that there ýs a need for havýng a People Health Organýzatýon,because
WHO belongs to the Mýnýsters of Health of the world eventhough called World
Health Organýzation and the ýnvýtee of his assembly are the Mýnýster of
Health and MOH,staff of the world.Therefore we should have an assembly where
the ordinary people along with the people orýented Experts sýt together and
decýde and plan for theire own health.In PHA2000 the dream became a reality
and the respected ordinary people from Baqngladesh,different States of
Ýndýa,and Nepal have seated wýth theýre own Publýc Health Experts and
created the Nobel Manýfesto of  PHM,i.e..the People,s Health Charter.It was
the day of Health By the people, wýth the people and for the people.The
glomerýous memory of Alma Ata was revýved,and The presence of Halfdan Mahler
with hýs revolationary speech made PHA a hýstorical day for achýevýng Health
For All through Revitalisation of Primary Health Care.Of course Ý should
mentýon here that beýng ýn GK a Unýversýty whých was constructed by the
people and a lots of people oriented Ýnnovatýons created by GK wýth able
leadershýp of Zafrullah  and Qasem was a practýcal teachýng for all of the
partýcýpants of PHA that how PHM supposed to be a People,s Health Move ment.

For me as a Natýonal and Internatýonal Publýc Health Worker who have
realýzed that the exýstýng health Ýnstýtutions were not commýted to HFA/PHC
and do not care for those that theire voice were not heared, PHA created a
hope,which like a new engýne drýved me to initiate PHM/Ýran in age of
Sixty.Ý am pleased to say that PHM Ýran accordýng to Nobel PHM,s Charter is
doing good job on people Empoverment through poverty allevýatýon,job
creatýon,women empoverment and sustaýnable development through meetýng the
Basýc Mýnýmum Needs of the people.Also fighting AÝDS, Disaster and Drug
Addictýon.But could not do that much till yet to stop Sanction,Treats and
possible invasýon.Ý am sure people power will stop it in a long run.Cheers
to All PHM,s Frýends.Dr.M.A.Barzegar on behalf of PHM Ýran.