PHA-Exch> Big aid donors (2)

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Wed Nov 21 09:40:46 PST 2007

From: "Peter Burgess" <peterbnyc at gmail.com>

Dear Alison

Are you the Alison Katz that wrote the open letter to WHO's Dr. Chan
last January?
http://phmoz.org/wiki/index.php?title=Katz_Open_Letter

If so great ... if not, we seem to be on somewhat the same wave,
anyway. In fact, I take considerable encouragement from the fact that
there are a lot of people who are thinking about the issues and coming
up with pretty much the same conclusion.

The challenge is not only to do the analysis and get the right answer
... but also to figure out how to do something that is effective.

I am trying to make a contribution to this by developing a web-based
platform that will bring community information into play ...
Not surprisingly, most of the established organizations in the
interrnational sector are not at all anxious for this sort of
performance metrics and the associated accounting and accountability
to be established ... but it will facilitate much improved
performance, and I am sure we shall prevail in due course.
Peter, The Transparency and Accountability Network: Tr-Ac-Net in New York