PHA-Exchange> Australian Government Introduces racist legislation

Claudio Schuftan cschuftan at phmovement.org
Tue Aug 7 04:44:55 PDT 2007

From: Fran Baum <Fran.Baum at flinders.edu.au>
Date: Aug 7, 2007 8:48 AM

The Australian Government government is introducing legislation in to our
Federal Government which will make welfare payments for Aboriginal people
dependent on their behavior and roll back years of land rights. I got an op
ed  in the Melbourne paper 'The Age'
(http://www.theage.com.au/news/opinion/apartheid-to-be-enforced-on-aborigines/2007/08/06/1186252625016.html?page=2)
. PLs send emails to our Prime Minister John Howard
(http://www.pm.gov.au/contact/index.cfm)
and the Leader of the Labor Opposition (Kevin.Rudd.MP at aph.gov.au )  (who may
vote FOR the legislation) would be great to tell them that this move is
right out of step with UN human rights and that internationally people are
watching Australia.
Fran