PHA-Exchange> Trade Unions & World Occupational & Public Health Leaders Speak Out

claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Thu Apr 12 12:28:58 PDT 2007

 from maija.kagis at sympatico.ca -----
>From: "Roumyana Benedict" <rbenedict at csih.org>
>
>WHO`s global plan for workers’ health. Please Contact Your Health Minister

from:
>Dr. Peter Orris, World Federation of Public Health Associations (WFPHA)
>Dr. Jorma Rantanen, International Commission on of Occupational Health(ICOH)
>Mr. Guy Ryder      International Trade Union Confederation (ITUC)
>
>A short time ago, we of the ICOH, ITUC and WFPHA issued a joint statement
>announcing that we would ask our collective membership to urge your
>national Minister of Health for support of a proposed WHO ‘Global Plan of
Action on Worker’s Health’, for adoption at the Health World Assembly in
Geneva, Switzerland,  14-23 May, 2007. We urge you to review and support this
Plan.

>*   The copy of our joint announcement about this is available at the
>following location.
<outbind://199/RoyerL/Application%20Data/Microsoft/Word/English> English

 <http://www.tradeunionsdunit.org/profiles/profiles.php?ID=3&Lang=ENG>
>Arabic:
><http://www.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB120/B120_28Rev1-ar.pdf>
>http://www.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB120/B120_28Rev1-ar.pdf
>Chinese :  <http://www.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB120/B120_28Rev1-ch.pdf>
>http://www.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB120/B120_28Rev1-ch.pdf
>English:
><http://www.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB120/B120_28Rev1-en.pdf>
>http://www.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB120/B120_28Rev1-en.pdf
>Français:  <http://www.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB120/B120_28Rev1-fr.pdf>
>http://www.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB120/B120_28Rev1-fr.pdf
>Español    <http://www.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB120/B120_28Rev1-sp.pdf>
>http://www.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB120/B120_28Rev1-sp.pdf
>Russian:   <http://www.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB120/B120_28Rev1-ru.pdf>
>http://www.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/EB120/B120_28Rev1-ru.pdf
>
>We believe it crucial that you write to your Minster of Health as soon as
>possible, and to help encourage other organisations in your country or
>sector to do the same.
>
>*   Model letter for Your Health Minister can  be found at

<outbind://199/RoyerL/Application%20Data/Microsoft/Word/English> English
><http://www.global-unions.org/pdf/ohsewpH_5Al.EN.rtf>
>http://www.global-unions.org/pdf/ohsewpH_5Al.EN.rtf
>Français:  <http://www.global-unions.org/pdf/ohsewpH_5Al.FR.rtf>
>http://www.global-unions.org/pdf/ohsewpH_5Al.FR.rtf
>Español:   <http://www.global-unions.org/pdf/ohsewpH_5Al.SP.rtf>
>http://www.global-unions.org/pdf/ohsewpH_5Al.SP.rtf
>
>Our groups initially came together in 2005 to support a global ban on
>asbestos. Since then we have worked together with the ILO and WHO on
>promoting such a ban. We, the ILO and many other actors became involved in
>providing input into the WHO Plan of Action. These should now be involved
>in helping Health Ministers to implement the Action Plan at the national
>level.
>
>The WHO action plan contains important elements for us to deal with
>asbestos and occupational cancers and provides a platform to deal with other
issues that relate to occupational health and safety, such as chronic diseases,

royer at tuac.org>

>Please send your letter to your Government Health Minister before 28 April.
>Keep informed by contacting Lucien Royer [royer at tuac.org].
>
>*   The most recent daily ICD update for 2007:
<outbind://199/Profiles-Efora/English> English only