PHA-Exchange> RTH campaign now on the go

Claudio claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Mon Feb 26 22:44:29 PST 2007

Dear Friends,

We have been fundraising and planning for how to proceed with the Right to Health Care Campaign (RTHCC). We have received funding from Oxfam Novib and Save the Children UK and thank them for their support.

Below is the proposed plan/timeline for the campaign for Africa and Latin America. 2 RTHCC organizers for each region will receive training on the Right to Health, on the campaign plan and on the assessment guide. They will then travel to the countries participating in the campaign to provide orientation and training to the national coordinating committee, and to help support them in whatever way is needed including organizing/strengthening national PHM circles. The campaign committees may want to organize local events around a presentation by the organizer to promote the campaign. After the training, the committee could begin the assessment process.

Timeline

Selection and training of 4 campaign organizers: March 2007.

Travel of the organizers to do trainings in participating countries: April 2007.

Actual assessments carried out: May-end July 2007.

Action workshops post assessment: August 2007.

Regional meeting: October or November 2007. (phase II)

We need nominees for people to do this casmpaign organizer job. They will not be paid, but their travel and expenses will be paid for. Preferably the organizers will have a familiarity with PHM and the right to health, speak English or Spanish and another language (if needed to communicate in the region where s/he will be working), and have some training and organizing experience. If you would like to be considered for this position, or if you would like to recommend someone, please email us.

As funding and participation in other regions develops we will be proceeding in a similar fashion there.

We also welcome your participation in other aspects of the campaign on either the national or global level. Please contact us if you are interested.

Thank you for your support,

Laura Turiano (phm at turiano.org) and Claudio Schuftan (claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn)
Campaign coordinators