PHA-Exchange> WSF (Nairobi, January 2007) and the situaion in the Philippines

claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Fri Dec 1 22:35:11 PST 2006

from Delen de la Paz <delen27 at yahoo.com> -----

I would like to recommend that someone from PHM
Philippines attend the WSF to give a testimony to the
continuous political killings that are going on in the
Philippines today.  While I was in Cairo, they killed
another leader, the head the teachers group in Samar,
a poor province in central Philippines.  Then the
military conducted a raid in one of the Sisters
Convent in Mindanao on the pretext that they were
looking for a "rebel".  There are many more human
rights violations happening and even our health teams
are being threatened if they venture further out in
the countrysides to render health services to the
communities there.  These are all being done with
impunity yet it does not get a space in our
newspapers.  We need to inform the world about this.