PHA-Exchange> Resources for teaching health systems in global context

Ted Schrecker tschrecker at sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 13 14:05:16 PST 2006

Dear friends and colleagues,

Starting in January, I will be teaching a course on International
Perspectives in Health Care in the University of Ottawa (Canada's) School of
Management.  It is in a somewhat unusual format, comprising six intensive
three-hour evening sessions.  I am searching for documentaries, newscasts
and other A-V materials that would be useful for dramatizing (a) the
differences between rich and poor countries in the issues facing health
systems, and (b) the processes that particular societies use to make
decisions about health care resource allocation.  All leads are welcome,
please reply off-list if you prefer.

With thanks,

Ted Schrecker

Scientist/Associate Professor

Department of Epidemiology and Community Medicine

Institute of Population Health, University of Ottawa

1 Stewart Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5 Canada

Phone: (613) 562 5800 x 2289  Fax: (613) 562 5659

E-mail:  tschrecker at sympatico.ca