PHA-Exchange> Database of resource persons on Human Rights resource people

Laura Turiano phm at turiano.org
Sat Oct 14 23:17:41 PDT 2006

From: Fabienne Simenel <hr-education at lists.hrea.org>

Dear colleagues,

Making human rights real: Equalinrights' interactive database of resource persons is active and waiting for your call!

Equalinrights proudly presents the activation of its database of resource persons! We invite organisations to have a look at http://www.equalinrights.org/content/partners.html and register for free login.

What is the database about?

Equalinrights created the database as a response to a serious gap in knowledge and understanding of the human rights-based approach (HRBA). By creating a database of skilled resource persons who have a profound knowledge of human rights, poverty issues and human rights-based strategies, equalinrights aims to support NGOs and civil society groups that could make use of this expertise through trainings, consultancies, the development of training material and much more. By gathering highly skilled experts on a personal basis, equalinrights has made a selection of resource persons, predominantly from the South and with good grassroots experience that could make a great contribution to your struggle for a more just and equal society.

Join, why?

Equalinrights profoundly believes in upstream efforts. The main goal of the database consists of the support for grassroots organizations, NGOs and civil society groups that could advance their struggle against poverty by applying a human rights framework in their strategies. By searching the database, resource persons can be found on their areas of expertise and their geographical focuses. With knowledge of local cultures and languages, equalinrights will provide you with experts that can truly contribute to your efforts. Even when the person you are looking for is not listed in the database, equalinrights will be at your service to personally find the support you need. Furthermore, equalinrights can provide support in the covering of financial needs for the use of resource persons, trainings and consultancies through
different means.

Join, how?

As equalinrights pays a high value to confidentiality and quality, the database is only available by login. If you are interested in joining, please send an email to info at equalinrights.org with the name, contact details and a short description of your organisation. Please explain briefly how you think we can be of your
service, in this way you can help us help you! Login codes will be provided on a personal basis.

Want to become a resource person?

Equalinrights is still searching for resource persons with a wide range of knowledge and experience in areas related to the human rights-based approach. If you are interested in being included in our database, please have a look at http://www.equalinrights.org/content/partners.html for information on requirements.

About equalinrights

Equalinrights is an independent, global resource centre and support network on human rights-based strategies. We are based in the Netherlands Institute of Human Rights (SIM). Contact us for more information about our activities and the different forms of support we provide:

Equalinrights, SIM tel. + 31 30 253 8510
Janskerkhof 3 fax + 31 30 253 7168
3512 BK Utrecht info at equalinrights.org
The Netherlands Skype ID: equalinrights
www.equalinrights.org