PHA-Exchange> Proud to present to you the new PHM Rright to Health and Health Care Assessment Guide

Claudio claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Fri Oct 13 03:03:44 PDT 2006

It is with pride and joy that we present to you the product of a full year's work.

We had been giving you updates on its development, but now it is finished and attached.
It is very unusual for us to attach messages, but this occasion warranted it. The document is 25 pp long plus 18 pp of useful annexes.

As we had told you, we are fundraising for the campaign and already have funds for applying the Guide in 6 African countries (courtesy of SCUK). W are pursuing 3 more leads for funding. We will keep you posted.

Nevertheless as you will see, the campaign and assessment can be launched with your own local resources even if meagre.

We need PHM circles to be organized more formally now to launch the campaign. But other civil society partners are also welcome to apply the Assessment Guide in collaboration with PHM. Interested parties (PHM or other) should contact Laura Turiano at phm at turiano.org

In a separate email, we will send you the campaign proposal to refresh your memory where the country assessments fit in the overall campaign. (You had received this document earlier this year)

Please find a spot in your busy schedules to go through the Guide. Give us feedback to any of the addresses given there.

The Guide is not a static document. We will improve it as we go along. You will also read in the Guide that you are given ample latitude in the modality you want to use to launch this global campaign. No matter how you proceed, the Guide will have a central role in helping you do the diagnosis of the status of these rights.

Happy reading and do give us praises or hell as you think deserved.

...and get those PHM country circles formally organized!

The drafting team.