PHA-Exchange> Books that have changed health services (2)

Claudio claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Fri Aug 11 04:48:32 PDT 2006

MessaggioFrom: Sunil Deepak

I couldn't see the full list of 135 books mentioned in the article but perhaps the choice of the books has a Euro-american dominance or may be dominance from specialized institutions? I would have expected to see Werner's "Where there is no doctor" to be in the list.

Perhaps, the list would depend from your background. For example, if you are interested in disabilities, like me, perhaps you would think of WHO's ICIDH classification system to be there in the list, that had a profound impact on health systems, though now with hindsight, some would say, in a negative way.

Anyway, I am sure that the article has the potential of stimulating interesting debates.