PHA-Exchange> About PHM transition

MAGDALENA HERRERA magdaherrera22 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 17:47:16 PDT 2006

*Dear friends of PHM:*

I congratulate you on your proposal about the PHM transition process and I
am full convinced that this year is really really critical to achieve a more
comprehensive evolution in the current PHM organization.
I am amazed at the organizational components, the versatility of the
activities, the next steps and PHM ongoing initiatives and I recognize that
the Interim CoCo will be so busy the rest of 2006.

Due to PHM is a network of networks with an important health grassroots
work, I think this is the moment to spread our vision, objectives and facts
in a more detailed, formal and informal structure in order  to reach more
people at the local level. The local level is the most important in the PHM
family and it should be reinforced by all of us in a more comprehensive
strategy which attract formal and informal commitments from PHM members.

I am sure that many communities around the world do not know anything about
us and they have no perception about the benefits of our network (at
least in many communities from my country, the reality exceeds all
expectations to get a better health, the Alma Ata's vision is missed and
very few people at the local levels have translated our postulates and
documents in concrete actios).

It is urgent to movilize more people from local communities by means
of a *social
network strategy *and maybe to achieve this challenge we should start
to reinforced
the membership sense to PHM, to renew their adherence to principles of PHM,
to disseminate the work and experiences from regional networks (as
Latinamerican Health Network work), to consult popular opinion, to enroll
more NGO's, to make a virtual members directory by NGO, to offer a document
membership (at least virtual), etc. I am sure that many people like me is
waiting to be recognized as PHM member in a more formal way in order to act
more committed to defend our cause. There are many ways to make it possible,
but I just suggested some ot them. All of you have the best decision.

In solidarity.

*Maria M. Herrera*
*Mexico*