PHA-Exchange> Fwd: Meeting on 3/3/06 on Hepatitis B at WHO office Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi

Gopal Dabade drdabade at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 01:40:39 PST 2006

Dear friends at PHM, Ravinarayan and Dr Ekbal,
Greetings from Drug Action Forum - Karnataka, India,
I am here with forwarding the letter, which contains the minutes of the
meeting held on, Friday, 3rd March 2006 sent by Dr Jacob Puliyel who along
with Dr Santosh Mittal and Dr Vibha attended the WHO - SEARO, Delhi meeting,
at the invitation of WHO. (Though I was invited for the meeting I could not
make it to Delhi, because of some personal prolems).
The meeting has made a good beginning and in a way is a success. Many thanks
to the PHM network.
I am deleighted that at the meeting WHO has agreed to look at the major
concerns of Universal Immunisation with hepatitis - B vaccine as expressed
by Drug Action Forum - Karnataka, Jana Swasthya Abhiyan and the People's
Health Movement. (Please go through the minutes of the meeting as detailed
below by Dr Jacob Puliyel and also the draft that we had sent to WHO - SEARO
before the meeting). Myself and Dr Jacob Puliyel would like to thank Dr
Ekbal, Dr Ravinarayan and the global office PHM for having supported with us
on this important public health issue. We are over whelmed by all your
support and we both feel that the success of the meeting was largely to all
your support.
Nevertheless I must add that we at Drug Action Forum - Karnataka and PHM
need to do a follow up on this issues that have been raised at the
meeting, for its logical conclusion. For which again we seek your support
and involvement. I also request you to circulate this letter to all those in
PHM concerned.
Thanking you all again.
Best wishes
From:-