PHA-Exchange> Food for a thought from here to 2015 (2)

Claudio claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Thu Jan 12 19:00:25 PST 2006

From: George Kent

I have no quarrel with setting intermediate targets on the way toward a goal. The problem is not that the MDG targets are set too low, but that there is no serious strategy for actually getting even to the modest intermediate targets. Who is operating the Millennium Development program now, and what is the true commitment of resources to it? I see nothing in the program that would lead us to expect achievement of its exceedingly modest aspirations.