PHA-Exchange> HEALTHCARE LINKS - NGO IN GHANA

Abraham Gyesie healthcarelinks2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 08:31:06 PST 2005

  From : Abraham Gyesie
  Director
  Healthcare Links
  P. O. Box 2827
  Accra / Ghana
  Tel : +233 24 4965843
  agyesie at healthcarelinksgh.org

  Dear All

  We would like to introduce our Ghana based NGO to you and invite you to team up and collaborate with us if you are interested in our mission of combating HIV/AIDS and other poverty related diseases. Please find below some notes about us.

  For detailed information, we invite you to visit our website www.healthcarelinksgh.org

  MISSION
  The mission of Healthcare Links is to provide an enabling and neutral umbrella for medical care and healthcare professionals and workers and other stakeholders to come together from time to time to deliberate on major issues of health and development so as to devise strategies and plans to confront them in teamwork approvals.

  GOAL
  The goal of HCL is to facilitate the delivery of a more humane, cost-effective, safe and accessible healthcare to all the people living in Ghana with special emphasis on HIV/AIDS and STDs, TB, Malaria, Maternal and Child Health, Diabetes, Hypertension,  Sickle Cell Diseases, and Rational Drug Use.

  Towards the above Vision, Mission and Goal, HCL
  has the following strategic objectives:

  METHODOLOGY / INTERVENTIONS

  Following several interviews and the use of questionnaires with a cross section of health professionals, and multi-stakeholder meetings, a consensus was reached to achieve our objective through the following major interventions:

   Formation of a non-profit NGO to provide a neutral platform to build bridges for collaboration and teamwork among healthcare professionals and other relevant stakeholders so as to help provide a better and a more humane, cost-effective, safe and accessible healthcare delivery to the good people of Ghana. Our focus is on HIV/AIDS, TB, Malaria, Maternal and Child Health and Rational Drug Use.

   Organisation of periodic joint meetings and conferences to deliberate on major issues of health and development so as to devise strategies and plans to confront them in teamwork approvals.

   Organisation of special training programmes for selected health professionals.

   Publishing of:
      MED-INDEX which is an index of pharmaceutical specialties, branded generics and herbal medicines registered for use in Ghana. It is also a source of other useful information and a one-stop directory of all registered health professionals in Ghana.
      HEALTHCARE JOURNAL which is a joint scientific journal for all health professionals.
      NKWA MAGAZINE which is health education and information magazine for the public.

  5.       Organisation of public lectures and fora, community durbars, radio and TV Programmes on topical healthcare issues.

  CALL FOR PARTNERS & SPONSORS - We are a new NGO. We need technical, logistical and financial support to function effectively in the prosecution of our activities and programmes. We are therefore appealing and calling for partners and sponsors who share our vision and mission etc.

For further information,  please contact:
  ABRAHAM GYESIE
  DIRECTOR
  HEALTHCARE LINKS
  P. O. BOX 2827