PHA-Exchange> FW: FIDH, 3D, IATP Hong Kong event: Human Rights and the WTO - examining the impacts, 14 December 05, 10-13:00

Davinia Ovett dovett at 3dthree.org
Fri Dec 2 04:30:05 PST 2005

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to announce a joint event organized by FIDH, 3D and IATP in
parallel to the WTO Hong Kong Ministerial Conference. Please see the
programme attached.

The event entitled “Human Rights and the WTO: examining the impacts” will
look at how trade rules in the WTO Agreements affect the realization of
human rights and will stress the need to take into account human rights
obligations when negotiating and implementing trade agreements.

Part I will focus on TRIPS and the right to health, GATS Mode IV and the
rights of migrant workers, the Agreement on Agriculture (AoA) and the right
to food, and non-agricultural market access (NAMA) and the enjoyment of
human rights in developing countries.

Part II will consider ways in which to assess trade rules and processes, and
case studies from Zambia and India.

The event will take place on 14 December 2005, from 10:00-13:00 in Room A,
the WTO Convention Center (within the NGO Center), Hong Kong, China.

For further information please contact Elin Wrzoncki, FIDH:
ewrzoncki at fidh.org

Best regards,

Elin Wrzoncki, FIDH

Davinia Ovett, 3D -> Trade – Human Rights – Equitable Economy

Carin Smaller, IATP

Davinia Ovett

Programme Officer

3D -> Trade - Human Rights - Equitable Economy

15, Rue des Savoises

CH-1205 Genève

Switzerland

Tel: +41 22 320 21 21