PHA-Exchange> Re: [ESCR-Right-to-Health] LDC request on 15 year TRIPS extension - WTO TRIPS Council discussions

George Kent kent at hawaii.edu
Thu Nov 3 18:55:23 PST 2005

I have not been following the TRIPS discussions, so forgive me if I
ask a question based on ignorance: Why shouldn't least developed
countries be permitted to make their own individual decisions about
whether and when they wish to adhere to the TRIPS rules? Would it be
possible to allow each of them, individually, to decide when
adherence would serve its interests?

Aloha, George

Professor George Kent
Department of Political Science
University of Hawai'i
Honolulu, Hawai'i 96822
USA

Phone:    1 808 396-9422
Cell:         1 808 389-9422
Fax:          1 808 956-6877
Email:       kent at hawaii.edu
Website:   http://www2.hawaii.edu/~kent
Skype ID: geokent

New book: Freedom from Want: The Human Right to Adequate Food
http://press.georgetown.edu/detail.html?id=1589010566