PHA-Exchange> Pt's charter on TB (4)

claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Mon Oct 31 13:48:31 PST 2005

from George Kent <kent at hawaii.edu> -----

I would like to ask for another line of discussion: why should there
be a distinct charter for any particular disease? Are we to propose
new charters for each particular disease? I could understand making a
special effort to educate a group of interest (e.g., those concerned
with TB, heart issues, cancer, etc.) to let them know how the general
right to health affects them. One could also go beyond diseases, and
talk about how the general rights apply to, say, orthopedic patients.
However, at the moment I think it would be a strategic mistake to
even suggest that any of these groups has special rights.

Why have a separate charter for any any particular ailment?