PHA-Exchange> Invitation to participate in INFOCAP

Romeo Quijano romyquij at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 27 00:18:41 PDT 2005

October 27, 2005

Dear Colleague,

Greetings!

We are writing to invite your organization to
participate in the Information Exchange Network on
Capacity Building for the Sound Management of
Chemicals (INFOCAP), an information exchange mechanism
to enhance effective coordination and cooperation
among countries and organizations involved in
activities related to sound management of chemicals.

The INFOCAP project will strengthen the level of NGO
intervention in global and regional chemical safety
activities which have become especially important in
influencing emerging chemical safety policies and
regimes in various parts of the world, particularly in
developing countries. We are confident that through a
transparent and cooperative mechanism of information
exchange, we can contribute significantly, and become
beneficiaries as well, in improving and expanding
institutional capacities for the sound management of
chemicals in order to protect health and the
environment.

Health Alliance Against Toxics(HEAL Toxics)/Pesticide
Action Network(PAN) Philippines (Ms. Sampaguita
Quijano as Coordinator) has been designated to
coordinate the participation of Public Interest NGOs
in the INFOCAP. We will help in gathering and
promoting appropriate information and materials
pertaining to activities related to chemical safety
issues and in identifying  specific areas of need that
may potentially find support through INFOCAP
facilitation. As such, we shall provide an interface
to public interest NGOs’ contributions and  access to
the INFOCAP services.

In line with this, we would like your organization to
please fill up the attached INFOCAP Information Sheet
and send the accomplished form to us via email. You
may choose any of your past, ongoing, or future
projects (e.g., environmental toxins and pollutants,
pesticide monitoring, chemicals poisoning, etc.) to
put in the information sheet. Once we receive the form
from you, we shall send it to the INFOCAP website
(www.infocap.info), where the information about your
project and your organization may be viewed by
potential funding organizations and other NGOs.
Alternatively, you may send us information about any
of your projects and we can fill up the information
sheet for you.

In turn, your organization may use INFOCAP as a
web-based tool to find out more about ongoing projects
in other organizations, get information about
potential funding agencies, and obtain training and
guidance documents that you may want to use. Please
visit www.infocap.info, or email us for more
information. Thank you very much!

Sincerely yours,

Dr. Romeo F. Quijano (Sgd.)
President
HEAL Toxics/PAN Philippines
6A EDA St. BF Northwest
BF Homes Paranaque
Metro Manila
Philippines 1740
E-mail: romyquij at yahoo.com
pesticide.action.network.phils at gmail.com
Tel:63-2-8206889
www.healtoxics.org

-------------------------
Information Exchange Network on Capacity Building for
the Sound
Management of Chemicals: Enhancing cooperation among
countries and
organizations

INFOCAP Central Coordinating Node
IFCS Secretariat- Intergovernmental Forum on Chemical
Safety
World Health Organization
CH-1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland

Tel: +41 22 791 3650/3873