PHA-Exchange> Fw: Idiosyncrasy and an obsolute monarchy

Claudio claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Mon Oct 17 20:53:05 PDT 2005

From: mathura shrestha
Ruler's idiosyncrasy and irrelevant monarchy
The king who scuttled himself away from all bounds of reason and the nation's constitution has failed politically.

1.       He tried once more to stifle media and press with a hope to keep the people in continued state of misinformation and disinformation out of only 'made available slugs' blared from the state controlled media. Fearful of informed people, and those who have faith in the power of reason and capable to take informed decisions he naturally wants to put peoples in perpetual darkness and oblivious to current political, social and cultural events in the country and the world.  We need to, and we can throw away the current ordinance on media.

2.       The king declared local and parliamentary election to maintain his grip on power. All without any exception know that a fair and free election is not possible without a representative government responsible to the people and without solving the present armed conflict politically.  All major political parties would boycott an April election.

3.       The king deliberately tried to sabotage the unilateral ceasefire by the Maoists several times by indiscriminate killings of unarmed personnel, pseudo-encounters and murders after arrest of alleged Maoists. He is playing the dangerous game although a large number of security personnel are not in a real mood to fight. Instead, they want negotiated peace.

4.       A journalist, Maheswor Pahari died in police custody and the cause of the death was declared as.... AIDS.

 Now is the time to wake up and struggle for democracy. If we agitate massively we can show the world how a dictator is thrown out of power peacefully. The coming struggle will once again prove the power of peace and united people.

Yen, Tuesday, October 18, 2005