PHA-Exchange> Katrina disaster in the US

Bert De Belder bert.de.belder at skynet.be
Fri Sep 2 11:27:14 PDT 2005

Dear friends,

Watching the terrible images from Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama, hearing the unbelievable stories op people suffering and starving because of their government's criminal neglect and skewed (war) priorities, and wanting to do something about it, I was wondering if any of you had anything concrete in mind: expose, denounce, act, help,...
Are any of our US contacts involved in any relief or solidarity efforts? Are grassroots or trade union organizations calling for international solidarity? Any concrete proposals?
We would be glad to know, and maybe we can do something together...

Bert