PHA-Exchange> Bravo congress leadership

mathura shrestha mathura.shrestha at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 08:42:05 PDT 2005

*Historic decision of Nepali Congress*

Mathura P. Shrestha

Today's decision of NC central committee to remove the word of
constitutional monarchy from its constitution is a historic landmark. This
is positive response of the party to the surging will of the people from all
walks of life and of overwhelming majority of NC cadres. I am sure that the
party's convention will adopt it unanimously. Some traditional persons
showed their reservation as unnecessary move. That is natural. I am sure
that they will hear voices of the peoples, their cadres and their own voices
of conscience in a day or two and will support the change whole heartedly.
Similarly, some are not satisfied as the change was not as explicit as
democratic republicanism. I think that they too can celebrate the change as
their victory. Democratic republicanism is automatically implied after the
removal of constitutional monarchy from the constitution and because of the
strongly committed mood of majority of the people and their cadres to
support democratic republic. The people and cadres will interpret the
positively at decisive moment. No fraction will be able to retreat from the
historic decision. I congratulate the NC leadership for the brave stand in
the crucial hours of the struggle for the democracy.

*Yen, **Monday, August 29, 2005***