PHA-Exchange> Food for a capital thought (3)

Claudio claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Sun Aug 14 20:08:33 PDT 2005

From: Theodore MacDonald

Yes, with those caveats, I agree. Money capital, without human rights capital, is astonishingly common, especially in the Middle East, and is brewing up a very
dangerous potion.
While agreeing with most of your comments, I still think we have a hell of a lot more to do even at the purely bureaucratic "legislation" level in inisting that human rights be accorded primacy worldwide and that this be popularised insistently in the media and in school books. That, surely, is the moral basis for recognising that poverty is not acceptable.