PHA-Exchange> FINAL Submission on Bangkok Charter enclosed

Kumanan Rasanathan kumananr at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 14:13:29 PDT 2005

Dear All

Please find enclosed the submission sent to the WHO today on the
Bangkok Charter from the PHM. It is certainly not perfect and it has
been hard to get people together with all that is happening in Cuenca,
but I hope you all feel it is a useful beginning and something to build
on for those at the Bangkok conference. The feedback I have received
has been positive. The deadline for our submission was today, thus I
apologise for the lack of time for comments on the final draft. At
least we have been able to submit something. The Bangkok Charter is
significant as seen by its mention in the WHO Director's address to the
PHA2 (via DVD) today. It is thus important that we have submitted
something from the PHM.

Any further comments can still be usefully tabled as Thelma Narayan
(PHM India), NZ contingent and others will be at Bangkok, and I am sure
will be keen to further our viewpoint there.

Kind regards

Kumanan (in Cuenca)

P.S. Claudio, I know this is an attachment but please forward to the
list as it doesn't really work as in line text :)