PHA-Exchange> 3D Study Session on intellectual property and human rights - September 2005

Davinia Ovett dovett at 3dthree.org
Mon Jun 27 07:21:04 PDT 2005

** Apologies for cross-posting **

**Mensaje en espanol seguira en un otro email**

Dear friends and colleagues,

3D -> Trade - Human Rights - Equitable Economy is organizing a Study Session
on Intellectual Property and Human Rights, on 23-24 September 2005, in
Geneva.

The Study Session is designed for a small number of mid- to high-level
professionals working on intellectual property (IP) policy or human rights.
It will be an opportunity for informal and in-depth dialogue.  It will
explore how human rights rules and mechanisms can be applied in support of
fairer, development-oriented IP regimes.

The programme and application form can be downloaded from: www.3dthree.org
<http://www.3dthree.org/>

If you would like to apply to attend, please return your form to us by 15
July to: studysession at 3dthree.org. If we are able to offer you a place, we
will send you confirmation of your participation early in August -
confirmations will become effective upon receipt of your registration fee.
We may be able to offer one or two grants to developing country
participants, towards the costs of travel and accommodation during the
Workshop and conference.  If you wish to apply for a grant please indicate
it on your application form.

If you cannot attend the Study Session but are interested in trade, human
rights and development issues we would also like to hear from you so that we
can keep you informed about our future activities - you can let us know
about your interest by returning the attached reply form.   You can read
more about 3D's activities, including in the area of IP, trade and human
rights by visiting our website at  <http://www.3dthree.org/> www.3dthree.org

We also encourage you to circulate this email to others who you think might
be interested in the Study Session or other activities on trade and human
rights.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Caroline Dommen

Director,

3D -> Trade - Human Rights - Equitable Economy

Geneva, Switzerland

T:+41 22 320 2121

F: +41 22 320 6948

Study Session email: <mailto:cdommen at 3dthree.org>