PHA-Exchange> Ecuador Visit by Ravi

claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Sun Apr 3 08:51:27 PDT 2005

Greetings from PHM Secretariat (Global)!

A very special thanks for the warm hospitality, enthusiastic discussions,
fellowship and solidarity during my short but rather busy visit to Ecuador -
Guayaquil, Troncal, Cuenca and Quito. It was a really inspiring experience as
I absorbed the Latin American spirit (!) and the Andean energy for the first
time. Thanks for all that you all have done for PHA 2, supported by Maria and
PHA 2- IOC. I shall share with the steering group, with great nostalgia, the
outcome of all the following events:

i.                     The discussions with PHA 2 secretariat team

ii.                   The discussions in Troncal, Cuenca and Quito with the
local PHA 2 organizing committee.

iii.                  The Radio programme in Guayaquil and the TV programme in
Cuenca

iv.                 The meeting with Deans of the Medical and Economics
Faculty and visits to all the auditoria, classrooms, computer centers and
other facilities being provided to PHA 2.

v.                   The visit to Auditoria of the University and the National
Bank including the site of the ceremony by indigenous people.

vi.                 Participation for a short while in one of the ceremonies
of the indigenous people after the Andean Seminar.

vii.                Discussion with the Deputy Mayor of Cuenca and the special
presentations of a sculpture and book to PHM.

viii.              The meeting with the National Front leaders in Quito.

ix.                 The very successful meeting with the Director (Andrade) of
the Ministry of External relations about visas.

x.                   The Press conferences in Cuenca and Quito.

xi.                 The visit to the Nino el Nino office (now also PHA 2
secretariat)

xii.                The visit to the office of the Journalist Association,
which will become PHA 2 office from April - May 2005.

And so many other discussions and meeting at individual and collective levels.

I was greatly impressed by all that you have done, proposed to do and 'dream
about' and after this visit, I hope the support from the PHM Secretariat and
steering group will be much stronger, more secure, more interactive and more
responsive and that PHA 2 will be a significant global event supported by all
of us in solidarity with the Charter.