PHA-Exchange> Help us reach the unreached...

Claudio claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Sat Mar 5 03:09:22 PST 2005

The Second People's Health Assembly Mobilization
HELP   US   REACH   THE   80 plusTH   TRANSLATION    BEFORE   THE    PHA2

Dear Friends,

This is to keep you informed that we have reached the 41st translation of the People's Charter for Health. According to our records, these are

Here is the present status report.

a. Translations available on the PHM website - at http://phmovement.org/charter/pch-index.html
    the link to the english version is http://phmovement.org/pdf/charter/phm-pch-english.pdf

Arabic, Bangla, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, Farsi, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Guarani, Hausa, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Malayalam, Nepalese, Portuguese, Quichua, Russian, Sinhala, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish,  and Urdu (29)

b. Translations completed but not yet published on the phmovement website. We still await the.*pdf format at the Secretariat

Bhojpuri (Mauritius/India), Mauritian Creole, Shona, Sindhi (Pakistan/India), Tamil, Audio-cassette version for blind (English), Marathi, Bengali, Gujrathi, Punjabi (Pakistan/India), Telugu, Oriya, (12)

c. If anyone of you have already translated the People's Charter for Health into any other language than those listed above or have printed a local version of any one of the translated charters, kindly keep Pam and the Secretariat informed. We would be grateful if a copy could be sent to us by post or courier.

d. Below is a wish list that we propose as a part of our mobilization towards the Second People's Health Assembly. If any of you are willing to translate the Charter into any of these languages or know friends who can, please get in touch with Pam Zinkin (pamzinkin at gn.apc.org), who helps in tracking the translations as they come in. She can advise you, if you have any further questions about the translations.

Afrikaans, Albanian, Armenian, Assamese, Azerbaijani, Bulgarian, Braille Version, Cambodian, Chichewa, Croatian, Czech, Fijian, Greenlandic, Hungarian, Kazakh, Kashmiri,  Korean, Kyrgyz, Latvian, Luganda, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malagasy, Maltese, Myanmarese, Mizo, Norwegian, Polish, Romanian, Samoan, Serbian, Slovak, Tagalog, Sign Language CD, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Xhosa, Yoruba, Zulu (42)

The good news is that translations of the charter into Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Uzbek and Vietnamese have begun:).

e. In case we have left out any languages, which you know, we may even reach a 100!!

This is a special request to the PHM friends, activists and supporters to help us with translation of the charter into various languages. Remember, you would aid in carrying on this document to many more.

Best wishes,

Pam Zinkin,                               ravi narayan,  Abraham,
phm-uk                                     phm secretariat

pha-2 watch