PHA-Exchange> Your input for Call for Action on violence against women

Womens Access to Health Campaign wahc at wgnrr.nl
Thu Feb 10 10:55:12 PST 2005

Dear supporters of the Women's Access to Health Campaign,

Warm supportive greetings from all here at WGNRR's office in Amsterdam!

As you may know, we are currently developing our new Call for Action to
support action and solidarity for the 28th of May: the International Day of
Action for Women's Health. It is time to start planning activities and
events and we invite you keep us - and all of WGNRR - informed and involved.

This year, the Call for Action will focus on Violence Against Women as a
public health concern. To make the document global and make the process more
participatory, we are asking you to send us back an e-mail with your

1 - What does your organisation do with violence against women?
2 - What issues in relation to violence against women do you feel are most
important to highlight?
3 - How do you see the relation between violence against women and the
primary health care approach to health, and what does all this have to do
with globalization?
4 - What actions can you recommend or best practices can you share?

We will be using your responses in the Call for Action and possible
additional campaign materials like the WAHC Update.

In addition, we invite you to let us know if you would like to provide your
comments and inputs on the text itself. Just send me an email
(wahc at wgnrr.nl). As I am sure you will understand from your own experience
of producing such projects, we may not be able to include all comments and
ideas. However, everyone who provides specific input or feedback will be
mentioned in the Call for Action publication.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm regards,
Nadia van der Linde
Women's Access to Health Campaign Coordinator

WGNRR Women's Global Network for Reproductive Rights
RMMDR Red Mundial de Mujeres por los Derechos Reproductivos
RMFDR	Réseau Mondial des Femmes pour les Droits sur la Reproduction

Interested in finding out about or getting involved with the Women's Access
to Health Campaign (WAHC)?
Then contact us at : wahc at wgnrr.nl

Vrolikstraat 453-D
1092 TJ Amsterdam