PHA-Exchange> From Tanzania

Claudio claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Sat Jan 22 04:39:47 PST 2005

From: Mwajuma S. Masaiganah

I want to wish those who are attending the the WSF in Porto Alegre, Brasil a fruitfull event; and I am happy to inform you that we had a launch of the Tanzania Social Forum in Bagamoyo starting on 14 - 15 January 2005. It was a good activity and PHM (I did that on behalf) was allocated to be one of the main speakers to explain the concept of the WSF from a globa perspective I am happy also to let you know that as East Africans, we have decided to bid for the WSF 2007 and have agreed as East Africans to have it in Nairobi if we win the bid. Please those who are  attending the WSF can contact and meet with Prof. Edward Oyugi  of SODNET <sodnet at sodent.org.ke>  and Ms.Fatma M. Alloo of   ZIFF/FEMNET  <falloo at zitec.org> who will be present at the forum.
We have also decided to have an East African Regional Social Forum next year 2006 in Nairobi. We need your blessings and support.
With regards,
Mwajuma