PHA-Exchange> Funding for work with deaf children in developing countries

George Lessard media at web.net
Fri Oct 1 08:19:42 PDT 2004

Subject: deafintl: Funding opportunity for work with deaf children in
developing countries
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 15:17:10 +0100
  From: "Kirsty Wilson" <kirsty.wilson at idcs.info>

Dear Colleagues,

Round 3 of the International Deaf Children's Society Small Grants
Programme (SGP) opens today, 1 October.

SGP offers grants of up to £10,000 for projects that offer measurable
and sustainable improvements to the individual lives of deaf children
and their families. This could be either by piloting new services or
improving existing services in the area of health and education or by
promoting the empowerment and participation of deaf children and
their families. Examples of eligible projects might include anything
from sign language training for teachers to the establishment of a
parent network or a deaf youth club.

If your organisation is registered in one of the SGP eligible
countries and you think that you might have an idea for an eligible
project, then you might want to apply.

Information about SGP eligibility criteria and details about how to
apply can be found on the SGP section of our website,
http://www.idcs.info/sgp

Applications are only accepted if they are in the SGP concept note
format and they must be submitted before 30 November. The guidelines
and format for the concept note are available to download at
http://www.idcs.info/sgp/useful_documents/index.html

If you have problems accessing the internet or downloading the
documents, please send me your contact details at the address below
and I will send you all the information that you require by e-mail,
fax or post.

The deadline for concept note submissions will be 30 November 2004
and we would expect projects to start in March 2005. If you have any
further questions about SGP please contact me at the address below.

Please feel free to forward this e-mail to any organisations or
colleagues that you feel would be interested in this opportunity.
Round 4 of SGP will open in May 2005.

Kind regards,

Kirsty

KIRSTY WILSON
International Development Assistant
The International Deaf Children's Society
15 Dufferin Street, London EC1Y 8UR
direct line +44 (0)20 7549 0451 (v/t) e-mail kirsty.wilson at idcs.info
switchboard + 44 (0)20 7490 8656 (v/t) fax + 44 (0)20 7251 5020
http://www.idcs.info

IDCS is the international wing of the National Deaf Children's
Society (NDCS). A UK Charity founded in 1944. Registered Charity No
1016532.

In April 2004, IDCS launched its brand new website, featuring THE
DIRECTORY, a database of useful organisations worldwide. Make sure
your organisation is included, link to the online form:
http://www.idcs.info/thedirectory