PHA-Exchange> Rich countries not contributing 0.7% to ODA (7)

Claudio claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Thu Sep 30 00:52:33 PDT 2004

 As far as I recall the political (UN?) decision for the world`s economic rich to provide 0.7%  in ODA goes back more than 25 years.If onr calculates the cumulative total loss to developing countries over this period,including lost development "profit" for the non- recipient countries I guess-wildly -the loss amounts to several trillion US$ --an amount that would make total debt-forgiveness a feeble-minded santa-claus gesture.Halfdan.