PHA-Exchange> world breastfeeding week 2005

claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Thu Sep 2 05:29:40 PDT 2004

 from WABA <waba at streamyx.com> -----

To : Breastfeeding advocates celebrating World Breastfeeding Week (WBW)

 The World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action coordinates the annual WBW, which
is celebrated in more than 120 countries every 1-7 August. The aim of WBW is to
pull together efforts to generate public awareness and support for
breastfeeding. We would like to invite your participation to select the WBW
2005 slogan and themes for WBW 2006-2008.

Please email/send/fax your comments to us by 20th September 2004.

We thank you for your keen support and every suggestion is valuable to us.

1) 2005 Slogan on Complementary Feeding

    We invite your participation to choose the slogan for WBW 2005, which will
be on a rather challenging theme which is Complementary Feeding.

    These are 6 slogans current available through your earlier contribution.
Let us know your preference by indicating in the square brackets according to
your preference ( 1 – most preferred , 5 – least preferred):

        A) Complementary Feeding: Timely, Safe and Adequate

 [          ]

        B) Complementary Feeding: The Breastfeeding Continuum

[           ]

        C) Complementary Feeding: Loving Foods for a Healthy Child

..
[          ]

        D) Complementary Feeding: Best Foods for a Growing Child

 [          ]

        E) Complementary Feeding: Continuing the Breastfeeding Legacy
.
[           ]

    If you have any other suggestions, we would be most pleased to hear from
you, please write them here:

        1)______________________________________________________________

        2)______________________________________________________________

        3)______________________________________________________________

2) Themes for 2006 - 2008

    Do share with us your ideas and suggestions on the issues to cover for the
following years:

        WBW 2006: ______________________________________________________

        WBW 2007:_______________________________________________________

        WBW 2008: ______________________________________________________

We list here a the current and past themes of WBW since the beginning:

2004    Exclusive Breastfeeding : The Gold Standard. Safe, Sound, Sustainable

2003    Breastfeeding in a Globalised World : for Peace and Justice

2002    Breastfeeding: Healthy Mothers and Healthy Babies

2001    Breastfeeding in the Information Age

2000    Breastfeeding: It’s Your Right

1999    Breastfeeding: Education for Life

1998    Breastfeeding: The Best Investment

1997    Breastfeeding: Nature’s Way

1996    Breastfeeding: A Community Responsibility

1995    Breastfeeding: Empowering Women

1994    Protecting Infant Health: Making the Code Work

1993    Mother-Friendly Workplace Initiative

1992    Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative.

Please email/send/fax your comments to us by 20th September 2004.

Thank you for your participation and making WBW happen. We look forward to
hearing from you soon.

With best wishes,

Julianna Lim Abdullah
WBW Coordinator
World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA)
**************************
The World Alliance for Breastfeeding Action (WABA) is a global network of
individuals and organisations concerned with the protection, promotion and
support of breastfeeding based on the Innocenti Declaration, the Ten Links for
Nurturing the Future and the WHO/UNICEF Global Strategy for Infant and Young
Child Feeding. Its core partners are International Baby Food Action Network
(IBFAN), La Leche League International (LLLI), International Lactation
Consultant Association (ILCA) and Wellstart International, Academy of
Breastfeeding Medicine (ABM) and LINKAGES. WABA is in consultative status with
the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) and an NGO in Special Consultative
Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC).

WABA, PO Box 1200, 10850 Penang, Malaysia
Tel: 604-658 4816 Fax: 604-657 2655
Email: waba at streamyx.com
Website:www.waba.org.my

----- End forwarded message -----