PHA-Exchange> Arab countries: REPORT ON PHA II PLANS

claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Wed Aug 18 10:55:12 PDT 2004

Dear Friends

PHA II becoming a focus in the regional planning efforts.
•	Number of PHM activists from the Arab region( MENA ) attended,
the Moroccan Social Forum – a special session has been organized to
present the overall PHM approach , the people’s health charter for
health as an instrument of change and future involvements in PHA II and
IHF Porto Allege.
•	5 civil society networks In the Arab region will meet in Beirut,
especially to discuss our joint involvement in various sectors and in
preparation for the Social Forum and our meeting in Ecuador.

the Networks are
PHM- Jihad Mashaal: jihad at shabaka.net
Health
RAED - Imad Adly: aoye at ritsec1.com.eg
Sustainable development
Teacher Creativity Center; Rifaat, Mona Darwish, huthayfa at teachercc.org
Education
The Arab Association for the disabled: Nawaf Kabbara;
aodp at cyberia.net.lb
Disability
Aisha- Sama Aweida; aisha at palnet.com
Gender
ANND- Ziad Abdel Samad, Kasem Aina, annd at annd.org, nivtsc at socialcare.org
Poverty

I will keep you informed on the conclusions.

Regards
Jihad Mashal