PHA-Exchange> Communications in preparation for PHA II

claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Sun Jul 25 06:48:07 PDT 2004

Dear Friends,

I thought it to be important at this time to call upon everybody in the list to
actively use pha-exchange at kabissa.org, [your list!], for a period of growing
communications on all aspects related to PHA II. Remember that you can post
directly to this address without sending material to me to post for you; I see
postings anyway, because as a moderator,I approve all that goes out.

I especially ask the PHA II organizing committee to post frequently to keep up
the interest of our membership: post all new developments that you think the
close to 800 of us in the list will be interested to know on the road to Cuenca
2005.

I specifically call on the Secretariat to post a fortnightly column to share
with us what is happening in the Secretariat. We all need to know. I am
 sure, also, the Secretariat wants to ask us to get involved in things more
actively: well, the pha-exchange is the vehicle!

In the months to come, several core papers in preparation of PHA II will be
drafted and circulated for feedback. We need to arrive in Cuenca with documents
that participants have seen and participated-in in the months before the
assembly: the pha-exchange will be the vehicle.

I furhter call upon the organizers to schedule one workshop for each of the
core papers that we finally decide to make the official preparatory documents
of the assembly. In this way we will have a final version sanctioned by our
members much the same way we arrived at the final version of the People's
Health Charter.

I also call upon the Secretariat and the organizers to invite stretegic allies
on anti-globalization topics other than in the realm of health. We all know
that health plays itself out in the context of a system that is sick, so PHA II
has to actively create/strengthen these linkages with other networks. Also
here, special workshops have to be put in the program where these special
invitees will be panelists.PHA II should put health more where it belongs: in
the anti-globalization movement.

Reactions to these suggestions will be a good start to our closer interaction.

In solidarity,

Claudio