PHA-Exchange> Food to confront a submissive thought (2)

claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn claudio at hcmc.netnam.vn
Sun Jul 11 03:50:24 PDT 2004

This is a nice and interesting distillation of arguments from
Claudio. The demonstration highlights the necessity of
understanding how the (minority) power holders have put in place
or used political distortions to establish their oppressive and
exploitative power. But, if we want to be more effective in mo-
bilising the people's participation in social networks (which I
agree, is the most viable vehicle to build people power) we also
need to understand why those raving forms of power have been ac-
cepted and are felt bearable by the people.

As demonstrated by the French philosopher Michel Foucault, the
real scandal is not the scandal of power abuse but the one of
obedience abuse. We all know the overwhelming importance of res-
ignation as an ethical condition or the unconditional and blind
bureaucratic zeal of executants. As Foucault said the real prob-
lem is not the base of the power or the nature of the sover-
eignty, the real problem is the one of docility.

Marc Lejars
mailto:marc.lejars at free.fr
___