PHA-Exchange> KWRU: BUSHVILLE built in the USA

SAULELYDIS at aol.com SAULELYDIS at aol.com
Sat Jun 12 09:41:18 PDT 2004

Please follow this struggle - we will be building Bushville again soon in the
NYC area in the US. A major focus of Bushville is the health care crisis and
the failure of the US health care model.

SEE WWW.KWRU.ORG FOR PHOTOGRAPHS AND VIDEO FOOTAGE

JUNE 1ST: BUSHVILLE ERECTED IN THE UNITED STATES
The Road to the Republican National Convention and November

On June 1st, the Kensington Welfare Rights Union (KWRU) and the Poor People's
Economic Human Rights Campaign (PPEHRC) erected Bushville in Jersey City, New
Jersey, within view of New York City, where the Republican National
Convention will be held in August. Bushville is a part of the PPEHRC's national and
international efforts to highlight the human rights violations being committed
under the Bush administration. Bushville is part of our national campaign to
organize and educate the people of the United States in preparation for the March
For Our Lives to "Stop the War at Home" on opening day of the Republican
National Convention on August 30 in NYC, and in preparation for the elections in
November.

BUSHVILLE REPRESSED AND DEMOLISHED:

On June 2nd, all vehicles were towed from the lot. At 12:30 AM, June 3rd, the
Captain of the Jersey City Police Department and other officers stormed
Bushville. The Police presented Bushville residents a summons for "Posting and
Affixing Signs Without Authorization." Police threatened to return later that day
(June 3rd) to arrest the Residents of Bushville.

On Thursday afternoon (June 3rd) Jersey City Police Officers arrived at the
lot to announce the removal of Bushville from the lot. Cheri Honkala along with
other members of the Bushville, and our newly acquired lawyer rushed to the
Hudson County Court House to stand before Judge Barbara Curran to request an
injunction against the Jersey City Police.

While Cheri, Galen and our lawyer were at the courthouse, the Jersey City
Incinerator Authority came to the lot. They dismantled the entire Bushville and
impounded everything (except the American flag). They are charging us $150
everyday until we pick up what they took.

After testimony which ran until 7:30 at night the judge announced that she
would not approve the injunction. Cheri and her attorney then spoke with
reporters and vowed that Bushville would return. The silencing of America's Poor will
not be an option.

The poor of the United States will not remain invisible or silent as this
administration destroys our lives and commits rampant human rights violations
against the people of this country and the world.

BUSHVILLE will be rebuilt in the near future - please follow www.kwru.org.